Fanad Lighthouse is a not-for-profit social enterprise run by a local voluntary Board of Directors, Forbairt Fhánada Teoranta. Fanad Lighthouse has been open to the public since 2016 offering guided tours of the Lighthouse and accommodation in the original but refurbished light keeper’s cottages. It has developed to include a café and retail offering. The site is leased from the Commissioners of Irish Lights and the Board of Directors primary functions are to develop the economy and infrastructure of Fanad through the promotion of tourism. In achieving its mission, the company is developing the site as a key signature point along the Wild Atlantic Way. Fanad Lighthouse is one of three signature points in Donegal and this offers huge potential benefits to our community. This post is funded by Pobal.
Job Description & Personal Specification
|Job Title||Finance and Administration Officer, Fanad Lighthouse
|Job Function||The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Lighthouse.
|Reporting and Accountable to||The Manager of Fanad Lighthouse|
|Location||Teach Solais Fhánada
Co. Dhún na nGall
|Closing date||Monday 9 August 2021|
|Salary||€25,000 - €30,000 depending on experience|
|Annual Leave||33 days including public holidays|
|Contract||Full-time permanent subject to the continuation of funding and following a 6 month probationary period|
This position occupies a key role in the day-to-day administration and financial management of the amenity with particular emphasis on supporting the Manager and Board in the strategic development of the site in maximising its future potential.
|The Fanad Lighthouse Amenity comprises of 3 Self Catering Lighthouse Keeper Cottages, Tours of the Grounds and Lighthouse Tower, Retail Outlet, Visitor Reception Centre and Cafe.|
· Day to day office administration associated with the efficient running of the company
· Maintaining Primary day books and advising on variances (Purchases, Sales, Cash and Wages)
· Preparation and administration of payroll and pensions
· Statutory tax returns (Revenue Commissioners)
· Managing Accommodation Bookings (Deposits/Payments)
· Working capital and cash management (Including Bank lodgements and reconciliations)
· Contributing to Business and Strategic planning
· Preparation of monthly accounts for the Board and year-end financial accounts for external auditor
· Budgeting, forecasting and cashflow
· Analysis of overheads and supporting the implementing of cost reductions
· Supporting the Board Treasurer with financial data as required
· The postholder will be a motivated and engaged team member to play an active role in the development of the organisation. The person will ensure cross organisational adherence to budgets and be central to financial planning for the amenity.
· Meet with the Manager on an agreed basis to review all aspects of administration the financial status of the amenity
· Alert the manager, at the earliest opportunity, to any financial irregularities or variances.
· The capacity to deal with confidential or sensitive information in a calm and professional manner is also a key requirement.
· Maintain all records/documentation in a timely and accessible way and, where necessary, in accordance with the General Data Protection regulations (GDPR) Data Protection Act 2018 and any other statutory requirements.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
Evaluate and make decisions.
Demonstrate initiative in the resolution of complex issues.
Health & Safety:
· To maintain a safe and secure personal working environment and co-operate with the Manager on Health and Safety issues.
· To organise work in such a way so as not to compromise the Health and Safety of staff, visitors, contractors and any other persons on site.
|Candidates must meet the following criteria on the closing date:
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
· A relevant professional qualification- AAT, CIMA, ACCA, CPA or ACA
· a minimum of 3 years prior experience in a similar role with an excellent understanding of general administration, financial planning and management reporting.
· High level of competency in MS office in particular Excel and project planning software
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Strong commercial awareness
· Competent in the spoken and written Irish Language
This is a bilingual (Irish/English) working environment. Whilst spoken Irish is desirable, an acceptance of the ethos of the company (in a Gaeltacht area) is required by the postholder.
· Experience of working in a partnership/collaborative context with a range of stakeholders e.g. a Board of Directors, public and statutory bodies, consultants, contractors, community groups, local authorities, elected members, the business sector, and the general public.
· Candidates for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
· Candidates for and any person holding the office must be of good character
· Has a command over the technical/ professional skills and knowledge required within the post holder’s role and continues to upskill to maintain high professional standards and continuous development requirements
Planning & Organising Resources
· Is thorough and precise when accomplishing a task showing concern for all aspects of the job; developing detailed plans; accurately checking processes and tasks.
Flexibly & Adaptability
· Works effectively within a variety of situations with individuals or groups. Adapts one's approach as the requirements of a situation changes; adjusts tasks and priorities when necessary.
· Accepts that changes in one’s role may be required from time to time.
· Able to work flexibly as required.
Results Driven & Accountable
· Focuses on delivering results; always concerned with achieving or surpassing goals and/or recognised standards of performance.
Communication & interpersonal skills
· Speaks and writes clearly, fluently and effectively to both individuals and groups;
|Application details:||Please submit your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
On or before the closing date: Monday 9 August 2021
This Job Description is intended as a basic guide to the scope and responsibilities of the position and is subject to regular review and amendment. The role holder will be required to be flexible in this position and is expected to facilitate working additional hours on occasion, when requested.